MEDICAL PLANT GARDEN
At Back to Nature Guesthouse we are determined to preserve the rainforest of Mount Leuser. To maintain the stability of the ecosystem in the rain forest,we provide a large amount of land mainly for the conservation of the primary forest, but also for a garden with special medical plants for educational purposes.
The preservation of the rainforest has many benefits, because it
1. helps to balance the world’s ecosystem and is an important oxygen producer
2. serves as a water catchment area and maintains the natural water cycle
3. helps prevent natural disasters
4. is the residence and refuge of rare and endangered animals
5. is the home ofan abundance ofbeautiful flowers and beneficial plants – a lot of them can be used to produce effective natural medicine
6. is a vast field for studies and research, natural experience and recreation
7. and can be a source of environmentally sustainable income for all locals
The last benefit mentioned above is the reason, why we want to continue to educate and inform the local community about the possibilities of earning a living and surviving without destroying the Jungle, but by preserving it and by utilizing the given resources in a sustainable way.
The best way to inform and educate is by showing examples and teaching on the spot – in our garden.We would like to invite you to participate directly in this project by joining our planting program. You can support by buying seeds which we provide. The small fee will be used for growing, cultivating and taking care of the seedlings and plants.
If you want to participate and would like further information please feel free to contact us.